Recently, I discovered 2 very quick and easy ways to make delicious protein coffee at home! This has been game-changer and so helpful when it comes to finding ways to increase my daily protein intake. I’m not a heavy coffee drinker, but I love this! If you are a heavy coffee drinker, then you absolutely will, too!
Personally, I love my cups of coffee light brown (due to plenty of creamer) and with a good bit of sugar to sweeten them. Well, with the right protein powder, I don’t even need creamer OR sugar. What?! That’s so wild to me, but no longer needing to add those things certainly helps with my weight loss goal. I’m so happy I can actually enjoy a cup of coffee with just 2 ingredients and I’m going to share with you how you can, too!
- Brewed Coffee, of your choice
- Whey Protein Powder
INSTRUCTIONS | METHOD 1
1. Brew your cup of coffee, whichever way you choose.
- I like to use a Donut Shop K-Cup (or whatever I have around) in my Keurig.
2. Pour your black coffee into a glass blender.
- Please be careful by making sure you only use a *glass* blender. These are made to contain hot liquids far better than a plastic blender. Also, make sure that the base of your blender is screwed on tightly and properly so that when you start blending, everything will be contained inside and not splattering out. I’m speaking from experience on that. haha
3. Add 1/2 scoop of your protein powder into the blender.
- This will really depend on your personal taste preference. For me, a girl who loves a creamy/sugary sweet coffee, 1 scoop works really well with about 16 oz of coffee. For an 8oz cup, 1/2 of a scoop is great. Another reason I just make/drink a larger cup of coffee is because, personally, I want to be able to take in a full serving size of the protein. That’s 20+ grams of protein and helps a ton when I have a large protein intake goal to meet be the end of the day!
4. Put the lid on your blender and blend everything together on a low setting for up to 30 seconds.
5. Pour the mixture into your cup of choice and add ice if you’d like an iced coffee! Enjoy!
INSTRUCTIONS | METHOD 2
1. Same as the first step in Method 1.
2. Pour your 8oz of black coffee into a cup of your choice.
- Make sure that the cup you use is big enough to contain your brewed coffee and has room for your protein powder.
3. Add 1/2 scoop of your protein powder into the cup of coffee.
4. Using a handheld mixer, blend your coffee until the powder has dissolved well.
- I love using this one from Amazon! It works really well to blend everything and it comes with a case, making it great for travel, too! I don’t recommend using the handheld mixer, however, if you’re mixing 1 scoop of protein into 16oz of coffee. The glass blender works far, far better for blending that larger amount!
5. Add ice if you’d like an iced coffee! Enjoy!
Protein coffee is incredibly quick, easy, and hardly takes any time to make; no matter which method you choose to use! If you use a blender, you’ll even get some nice foamy, frothy coffee at the top of your cup. The protein powder does such an amazing job at replacing creamer, that I truly can’t even tell a difference. Again, the results may vary depending on what types of protein powder you use or where you choose to buy yours from. But I will definitely link my favorites for you guys down below. These are trusted, high quality, and highly recommended protein powders! I also share more recommendations under the “Supplements” category of my blog!
WHEY PROTEIN POWDERS I LOVE WITH COFFEE
- Cinnamon Cookie Batter
- Caramel Latte
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Sandwich
- German Chocolate Cake
- Pumpkin Spice Latte (a *seasonal* flavor)
- Confetti Cake
If you try protein coffee based off of my recommendation then please let me know! That would make me so happy! If you have any questions for me, I’m happy to answer, and my DMs are always open for you over on Instagram! Lastly, if you have a favorite protein powder flavor that you’ve tried to make coffee with, totally share with everyone in the comments below so we can try it, too.