*Some things about my hair*
I have naturally curly, kinky, tightly coiled hair.
I have not used heat on my hair since September 29, 2019 (my wedding day). I have never gone this long without heat, but my hair is thriving this way!
In January 2020, I decided I’d start getting trims every 3 months by a professional stylist to maintain hair health, length, and cut off dead ends. I also get protein treatments at these hair appointments.
I deep condition my hair once a week and shampoo either once a week or every other week.
I try to use aloe vera gel, taken from a fresh aloe leaf, as a pre-poo treatment weekly on wash days.
My hair goals are health, thickness, and length (in that order). I am growing out my hair as long as I can get it!
My hair type is 3C/4A.
Some other products that I use regularly, but couldn’t add to the above are…
- Multi-Use Pure Oil Blend– this is the only oil I use on my hair because it’s pretty much the perfect blend!
- Twist-Elongating Style Cream– absolute perfection. I pretty much use it once a week on wash days. Leaves my hair SO soft and moisturized for DAYS. Whenever I run out, I buy more.
- Multi-Use Softening Leave In Conditioner– smells amazing and so great for detangling. This product has 7 uses in one!
- African Black Soap Reviving Shampoo– since I love everything else from this line, I might as well try and use their shampoo, too, right? This gets the job done as a shampoo should. It leaves my hair and scalp feeling cleansed and refreshed, without the dry and stripped result that some shampoos give. I love that there is tea tree oil included and it makes everything about my hair feel so good!
thermal hair care
- hot head cap– this is so great to take your hair treatments (deep conditioning, hot oil, protein) to the next level. I warm up my cap in the microwave and leave it on my head for at least 45 minutes. The warmth from the cap helps whatever product I have on my hair to penetrate even deeper into the hair shaft, which will increase its benefits and help with my overall hair health!