Ready to save some money, gas, and time? I’m about to show you guys how to easily make a caramel iced coffee with protein at home and it is SO good! If you know me, then you know I’m all about getting in enough protein each day. Protein intake is essential for building muscle (aka “toning up” ladies). Since I weight lift to build muscle and lose weight/fat, I have to prioritize protein throughout the day whenever I eat. This used to be such a struggle for me, and I know so many others have either been there or can currently relate. Hopefully, this will give you something else to try!
You don’t have to completely say goodbye to your Starbucks or Dunkin forever. But know that it is hard to not exceed your calories for the day (which sets you back from weight loss) if you use up so many of them in just one drink. It is highly recommended to “not drink your calories” because doing so can add up fast. And then you won’t have as much to use for nutrient dense, filling food. Plus, enjoying a sugary, sweet drink is a very low volume thing to consume and is likely to not keep you full long enough before wanting and needing something else. Hopefully, that makes sense and you get the gist of what I’m saying!
Thankfully, this recipe is comparable enough to an iced caramel coffee at your favorite coffee shop, but with far less calories, less carbs, less sugar, and MORE protein! And you know what? You don’t even have to sacrifice the sweetness either! Are you ready for this? Let’s get into it!
Caramel Iced Protein Coffee
- cooled, freshly brewed coffee, of your choice OR 2 shots of espresso
- 1 caramel premier protein shake
- Brew coffee of your choice and make however much you’d like to drink!
- If you brew it hot, then make sure to let it sit and cool down some.
- Or you can use bottled, pre-made coffee.
- If you choose to use 2 shots of espresso instead, then skip the coffee part and just do that!
- Add ice to your drinking cup.
- I like using a reusable Starbucks venti cup! Makes me feel even more like I’m drinking from the coffee shop. lol
- Pour your cooled coffee or espresso over the ice.
- I like to have about 3/4 of my cup filled with coffee.
- Pour in as much caramel premier protein as you can fit.
- You will likely have some left over. Store the rest in the fridge or make a little more coffee to pair with it to enjoy a second cup!
- Using a straw or stirrer, mix everything together.
- Put your lid on and enjoy!
- Garnish with some whipped cream and caramel sauce, if you want to be extra!
- I’m still searching for a good, low calorie caramel sauce. If you know of one, please share in the comments below!
Easy right? This hardly takes anytime to make. I don’t have to get ready to leave my home, use gas, or spend a ton of money everyday just to enjoy this multiple times throughout the week. I’m getting in plenty of protein, it’s delicious, it’s sweet, and I can enjoy this completely guilt-free! It doesn’t take up so many of my calories for the day and it’s honestly pretty darn filling! I am typically almost too full to eat anything after drinking a venti-sized cup of this.
Since the caramel Premier Protein does have 30g of protein, no wonder it’s so filling! I aim to finish 1 bottle in a day, so I can take in all of it’s macros and benefits! 1 bottle contains 160 calories, only 1g of sugar, 24 vitamins and minerals, has no artificial colors, no soy, is gluten free and kosher! It’s also very low carb! Just in case anyone is wondering!
Depending on how much coffee I make, I’ll either still have some left over, or I can just make more to combine with what’s left in my Premier Protein bottle! I typically get about 1.5-2 venti cups of caramel coffee when making this! You’ve got to try it!
If you’re looking for more ideas and ways to increase your daily protein intake, I share some of my favorites here, and I even have a different post/recipe on protein coffee here! I’ve also linked down below, some of my go-to k-cups (from Starbucks or Donut Shop), the same Premier Protein I used, my exact Keurig, and some cute reusable venti Starbucks cups. I love to order these things online and have them shipped to my home, because it just makes life a little easier! I hope you found this helpful. If you try this iced caramel protein coffee and like it, I’d love to know in the comments below or you can DM me on Instagram and tell me! Make your day great friends!